Sorry for the lack of updates but I've been busy being lazy.
This post was scheduled to come out last month but better late than never!
If you're feeling Teochew like me, even though I'm not, here's a simple recipe to get your Teochew tastebuds going crazy.
Traditional Teochew Noodles (serves 6-8)
1 packet long life egg noodles
500 grams bean sprouts
500g pork belly, skin removed and sliced
100g dried shrimps/prawns
10 cloves garlic
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp dark soy sauce, add accordingly
1. In a hot pan of boiling water, boil the noodles and strain immediately.
2. In a hot wok over low to medium heat, add in oil and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant and slightly golden. Be sure to stir continuously to prevent it from blackening.
3. Add in dried shrimp and stir until fragrant. Then, add in pork belly and stir until the pork is almost cooked through.
4. Add in noodles and stir using chopsticks.
5. Add in dark soy sauce and stir well. Then add in bean sprouts at the base of the wok and cover with noodles to steam the bean sprouts. Add in chives and stir well.
6. Serve with chili paste and/or cut red chilies and garlic in soy sauce.
|The finished product.|