Saturday 6 April 2013

Manchester Press, Melbourne

So I had the privilege of spending my Easter break in Melbourne and time to try out two very highly recommended cafés. Being the teenage photographer that I am, I just couldn't let such a photo opportunity pass me by. And since I decided to start a food blog, I have decided to upload those photos here and give my take on the food at Manchester Press and The Hardware Societé.
DSC_0051
The exterior of Manchester Press.
First things first, the menu. I must say that the menu wasn't very extensive, which was a shame. However, I have heard that Melbourne cafés don't particularly like cooking up a storm in their kitchens for breakfast so that could be a reason why. Most of their menu comprised of bagels, bagels and more bagels.. ooh baked eggs with bagels.
Yeah, I can't say we were spoiled for choice. Nonetheless, we were already seated and since it was recommended to us, we had to give it a try to see if this place did live up to its name.
I was pretty impressed with the way they served chai latte and it's arguably one of the best I've tasted/seen so far. Either I've been really deprived of chai or they're doing a good job. The tea was served in a cup, nothing special here, but the honey was served in this aluminium tin with a wooden honey dipper, which was pretty cool.
Yeah, it's the little things that get me.
My order: chai latte and baked eggs with cherry tomatoes, salmon and bagel.
DSC_0055
Chai tea latte served with honey in a cute little aluminium tin and wooden honey dipper.
DSC_0064
Probably the most interesting thing on the menu - baked eggs with cherry tomatoes, salmon and bagel.
DSC_0061
Bagel with pulled pork.
DSC_0058
Grilled blue cheese bagel with grapes and rocket.
DSC_0063
Yes literally, a bagel with avocado.
The interior of Manchester Press.
Overall, we were pretty pleased with the food there. It wasn't very impressive but we had a good breakfast nonetheless. The ambience was good too, not too loud, not eerily quiet and the waiting time wasn't painfully long. Service was quick and the waiters were polite.
Would I return?
Depends on whether they decide to add more interesting things to their menu.
P/S. The baked eggs are only served until 12pm, so be sure to be there early.
Rating
Food: 4/5
Ambience: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4.25/5
Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment