Friday 2 August 2013

DoDoMi Korean Restaurant, South Brisbane

Ever since I went to Brisbane for my studies, I've fallen in love with Korean food and I don't know why. I've never been a fan of Korean stuff but for some reason I've grown ever so fond of their cuisine.
Well, to celebrate the beginning of a new semester and our survival in our first ever semester of engineering, my friends and I decided to head out for our very own 'girls' night out' and we ended up in DoDoMi.
DSC_1256
Choonchun Dak Galbi, serves two at $28.
DSC_1264
Yuke (Raw beef bimbimbap) at $15.80. And yes, that is a lot of greens.
DSC_1265
Grilled mushroom salad $13.80
The menu was what you would expect at your typical Korean restaurant. Really nothing out of the ordinary and of course, everything was in Korean and English.
What did stand out was their service. They served us some sort of pumpkin puree-esque soup with water after we placed our order. And of course, as with every Korean restaurant here in Brisbane, they were generous with their side dishes.
The place was rather empty and the huge space didn't help at all. On the plus side, we were able to have a very quiet dinner. So for those of you who want somewhere quiet to unwind and have a nice meal after a long day, this is the place to go.
Overall, the food was pretty good and the portions were quite big. We all had a hard time trying to finish our food, even though we've grown so accustomed to Australian portions.
Would I return?
Yes, it's one of those places where the food and prices can justify a second, third, fourth visit.
Rating
Food: 4.5/5
Ambience: 5/5
Service: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Overall: 4.625/5
DoDoMi Korean Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment